Warm, light and with little left to take away without feathers flying, our Ultralight Down Shirt embodies minimalism like no other product. Premium 800-fill down provides a luxurious feel and pack-to-nothing compressibility. The sewn-through construction, tight channel pattern and just the right amount of down increase versatility for use in more moderate temperatures and diverse activities; wear it over a baselayer when skinning in, then throw a shell over the top and you've got a BTU generator. The slim fit maximizes thermal efficiency, the Deluge® DWR (durable water repellent) finish sheds snow, and the simplicity complements the function, from high-output endeavors to recovery evenings in the yurt.
- The lightest-weight fabric we've ever engineered for down garments is twice as strong and has half the weight of fabrics used for other down insulation styles in our line; it also features Deluge DWR (durable water repellent) finish
- 800-fill-power premium European goose down provides optimal loft and durability
- Quilt pattern controls movement of down for optimal warmth and loft
- Silhouette is minimal and features a ¼-zip to reduce bulk and weight
- Slim fit for thermal efficiency and can be worn under a shell or as a stand-alone layer
- Stuff sack included
- Shell and lining: 0.8-oz 10-denier 100% nylon ripstop with a Deluge® DWR (durable water repellent) finish. Insulation: 800-fill-power premium European goose down
- 167 g (5.9 oz)
We use down insulation in some of our products because of its excellent performance: down has a higher warmth-to-weight ratio than synthetic insulation, and it is also more compressible.
Patagonia’s proprietary durable water repellent fabric finish, Deluge DWR, lasts substantially longer than standard DWRs. Garments with the Deluge DWR finish have like-new repellency after years of extensive use.