On days where dawn-patrol ski tours lead to scratchy mixed chimneys, the Alpine Guide moves, protects and breathes. It relies on our best-ever Guide fabric, a Polartec® Power Shield® stretch-woven blend (nylon/polyester/spandex) with Hardface® Technology that dramatically improves the Deluge® DWR (durable water repellent) finish’s resistance to wind, water, snow and abrasion, while remaining stretchy and highly breathable. The articulated sleeves encourage mobility, while the brushed interior enhances next-to-skin comfort and moisture management. A chest pocket and two hand pockets sit above the harness line and close with coated, water-resistant zippers. Self-fabric hook-and-loop closures at the cuffs, a dual-adjust drawcord waist and microfleece-lining on the collar, chin guard and wind flap round out the features.
- Polartec Power Shield stretch-woven nylon/polyester blend is highly breathable, wind resistant and durable
- Brushed interior for next-to-skin comfort and moisture management
- Microfleece-lined collar, chin guard and wind flap
- One chest pocket and two handwarmer pockets with PU-coated zippers
- Articulated sleeves enhance mobility and provide full coverage
- Self-fabric hook-and-loop cuff closure
- Dual-adjust drawcord hem
- 7.1-oz Polartec® Power Shield® stretch-woven 46% nylon/46% polyester/8% spandex with Hardface® Technology and a Deluge® DWR (durable water repellent) finish
- 467 g (16.5 oz)
Technology - Deluge® DWR
Patagonia’s proprietary durable water repellent fabric finish, Deluge DWR, lasts substantially longer than standard DWRs. Garments with the Deluge DWR finish have like-new repellency after years of extensive use.