When it comes to canister-mounted stoves, MSR proves less is more. The PocketRocket is a favorite of BACKPACKER Magazine Tester Andy Dappen, who said, "This midget flamethrower is one of the lightest backpacking stoves available, and the best cartridge stove Ive used."
The PocketRocket backpacking stove provides full cooking function in an incredibly efficient form. Barely noticeable in your pack, it delivers impressively in camp. Precision flame control goes from torch to simmer while our Wind Clip wind shield boosts efficiency in breezy conditions. The PocketRocket stoves diminutive size is also the foundation of a solid emergency kit for home or trail.
* Ultralight, Ultra-Compact: Weighs just 3 oz. (86 g), with palm-sized dimensions: 4 x 2 x 2 in. (10.2 x 5. x 5.1 cm).
* Simple Operation: No need for priming, pressurizing, or maintenance.
* High Heat Output: Boils 1 liter of water in under 3.5 minutes.
* Full Flame Control: Glove-friendly controls allow precise flame adjustment, from a simmer to a boil.
* Flame Protection: Tri-sectional Windclip wind shield protects flame and boosts efficiency.
Minimum Weight: 3 oz / 85 g
Packaged Weight: 4.2 oz / 119 g
Burn time (MSR IsoPro) per 227-g / 8-oz. canister: Appx. 60 minutes
Boil time (MSR IsoPro), 1 liter: 3.5 minutes
The PocketRocket stove tied with the MSR WhisperLite stove as Backpacker Magazine Readers’ choice for the best camping stove in 2005.