The SJ Ultra Vest is the result of collaboration with Scott Jurek, the worldâ€™s most dominant ultra runner. Weighing in at 7.5 ounces (13 with bottles) and offering 9.2 L of storage space, the SJ has the best weight-to-capacity ratio of any hydration pack on the market.
World-renowned ultra-runner Scott Jurek designed the SJ Ultra Vest to be the the ultimate pack for any occasion. Â Featuring the best volume to weight ratio of any pack ever made, the 7.5 ounce SJ Ultra Vest can carry a half-day of gels or bars in the easily accessible front pockets, along with a unique expandable or compressible main compartment utilizing Cuben-Fiber, for a total capacity of an amazing 9.2 liters. Â Options to carry trekking poles and an ice axe complete the package.
- Smart phone compatible pouches (2)
- Bottle holsters tighten to carry camera, ect.
- Gel or bar pouches (4)
- Electrolyte or valuables pocket (2)
- Fully adjustable Sternum Straps (2)
- Emergency whistle
- Features (Back):
- Cuben Fiber bellows for large or small loads
- Secure Lat Pockets, with full pocket behind (2)
- Two sizes main compartments
- Hex Mesh for maximum breathability
- Trekking pole (2) and Ice Axe loop (1)
- Volume Capacity:Â 47 in.3Â / 9.2L
- Fluid Capacity:Â 2 x 20 oz. bottles / 2 x 591 mL
- Weight:Â 7.5 oz. (13 oz. with bottles) / 212 g (368 g with bottles)
- Height:Â 12 in. / 30 cm
- Width:Â 9 in. / 23 cm
- Depth:Â 2.5 in. / 6 cm
- Sizing At Chest (Unisex):
- SM:Â 25 - 31 in. / 63.5 - 78.7 cm
- MD: 31 - 37 in. / 78.7 - 94 cm
- LG:Â 37 - 43 in. / 94 - 109.2 cm
- Cuben Fiber:Â Used for the sails of America's Cup racing yachts, this non-woven fabric is 15 times stronger than steel and 40% stronger than Aramid fibers, and is extremely resistant to moisture, UV, and chemicals
- Hex Mesh: The structure of the vest is totally breathable, while also being extremely strong, lightweight, and will not absorb moisture.
- Power Mesh:Â All pockets and super stretchy, so small loads won't bounce and the vest expands as you need it to.